Happy Thanksgiving Day, chicago! In this edition of Daily:
🍽️ A list of venues open restaurants on Thanksgiving 🚗 Tips for traveling through chicago area this holiday weekend 🦃 Boys & Girls Club hands out 500 thanksgiving meals to local families
🌧️ The weather:
A passing shower in the afternoon. High: 52 Low: 35.
See what our local sponsor can do for you:
Are you a small business owner feeling overwhelmed, stressed and overworked? Jason Rosado of Distinctive Coaching is a certified coach with 16 years of experience helping small service business owners melt away stress and competition. He’ll help you work smarter, not harder, to exceed his business goals, while he still has more time and satisfaction outside of work, too. Visit here to see what Jason’s customers are saying and learn more about how we can help you today.
Do you want to see your business featured in this spot? Click to start.
📰 Top 5 Stories in Chicago:
1) What restaurants are open on Thanksgiving in the Chicago area? From fast food chains to fine dining restaurants, here’s a collection of places that will be open on Thanksgiving. Just be sure to check the list before you visit, as hours may vary by location.
2) Thanksgiving Travel: Best and worst times to get around the Chicago area. An estimateYou’re planning to travel this Thanksgiving, and if you’re in the Chicago area, you’ll want to plan your trip smart to avoid traffic jams today and this weekend.
3) Chicago brewer’s beer pays tribute to pioneering Bears QB Willie Thrower. An easy-drinking 7% APV advanced malt, “Thrower’s Scotch Ale” at Haymarket Brewery in the West Loop is similar to other drinks Jay Westbrook makes: It has a local connection. This is about a player who took the field for the Bears 69 years ago and made football history.
4) South Chicago will have elevated bike lanes, markers honoring history to make streets ‘vibrant and accessible.’ Mayor Lori Lightfoot and local leaders broke ground yesterday on a $43 million project to improve Commercial Avenue and 92nd Street. The Chicago Department of Transportation will lead the project, which is funded by the Chicago Works infrastructure plan. It is expected to be complete by the end of 2025.
block club chicago
5) ‘It means tradition and family.’ Boys & Girls Club delivers 500 Thanksgiving meals to local families. The pandemic forced the Valentine Boys & Girls Club in Bridgeport to stop serving meals inside the building, but it hasn’t stopped the organization from hosting its annual Tony Maurello Thanksgiving dinner. Volunteers delivered more than 500 meals to local families yesterday. Each one is made up of food donated by the community and includes chopped turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry sauce, biscuits and a dessert.
Chicago Sun Times
📌 Today in Chicago:
Chicago Thanksgiving Parade on State Street (8:00 a.m.) 44th Annual Life Turkey Trot Chicago (09 AM) Thursday Night Farmers Market at Lincoln Square (3:00 PM) dragons and dungeons for teens at the Sulzer Regional Library (4:30 pm)larry reb at Zanies Comedy Club (8:00 pm)carol oke in the city of Bub (9:00 pm)to remember at The Promontory (9:00 p.m.)
📱 social chat:
Test give T: “Which field position are you based on your favorite Thanksgiving meal? 🍴” (Chicago White Sox via Facebook) Where is this?: “❓POP QUIZ!❓ In which building can you find this room? Also, what is the function of this room? *cue Jeopardy music… Answer in the comments. #Chicago #architecture #design” (Chicago Architecture Center via Instagram) Volunteers Needed: “My Block, My Hood, My City needs volunteers to decorate King Drive for the holidays. Nonprofit leaders want to decorate 500 homes this year. You can sign up to help, donate lights or supplies, or contribute money to the annual effort.” (Club Chicago Block) December schedule: “Our December agenda has the top 10 reasons to fill your calendar next month” (Chicago Magazine via Instagram)
More From Our Sponsors – Thank You For Supporting Local News!
Concerts and services:
— Nicole Cvetnic
About me: I am from the Midwest and am very happy to call Chicagoland home. I love the outdoors, especially hiking, performing arts, photography, good food, traveling, and gardening. You can often find me reading to my two-year-old daughter, watching a TV series with my husband, or cuddling our special needs dog.
Do you have any news tips or suggestions for the next Chicago Daily? Contact me at [email protected]